I've come to the conclusion that I suck at staying on top of this...
I've come to the conclusion that I suck at staying on top of this blog. What I have decided, is that I am going to get up 1 or 2 posts per week from now on. I dig myself into a hole trying to post 4-5 times a week, andwhen I can't keep up I don't write for a month. Baby steps right?
Sidebar! Looking to alter the overall look for my current page. Feelings about the sweet branding at http://hebroncrc.ca? Honestly a shocking synagogue in Whitby Ontario with heart when looking in the general Ontario locale. Write your opinions. Cheers!
If we we're going to try to get a completely sedentary person exercising, we would not have them commit to 5x per week right away. We would get them moving 2-3 times a week, set the pattern, and then go from there. I'm not saying a complete overhaul of life isn't possible, or effective (it is). I am just saying that is tends to be a little tougher. Why treat myself differently? Small, attainable goals, meet those, and set new ones, keeping the eyes on the big picture. Game on.
Now to training..
It's no secret that I, personally, believe resistance training is the way to go when you are looking for fat loss. It's also no secret that I think lists are thebomb.com (just to be clear, that might be a real website, I don't know, I wouldn't advise finding out). Here's my list of 9 reasons you should be lifting weights rather than running distance to meet your body composition goals.
- Increased metabolic rate over the course of 36 hours. After you lift weights, your body continues to burn more calories at rest than it normally would (this doesn't happen with cardio). And some studies show up to 48 hours, actually.
- Increased or maintained muscle mass. Everyone knows you need some amount of muscle mass in order to get that "toned" look. If you're a guy, it will make you look like one. If you're a girl, it will make you more attractive. Trust me, guys that are in-shape like girls that are in-shape, so unless you're looking to date that douche who says girls who have muscles aren't attractive don't listen to him.
- Increased or maintained muscle mass. This one's a double doosie. Muscle is a metabolically active tissue. That means it uses calories. The more muscle one has, the more calories one burns when they are just kicking back, catching up on some All MyChildrenmonster truck rallies.
- Work off Stress.* Stress sucks. A lot. It sucks on youpsychologically, but it also sucks on you physically. Stress increases the production of cortisol, a hormone that makes you store fat in the midsection. Enough Said.
- Work off Stress.* Oooooo, another double down. Work makes you feel crappy. Exercise makes you feel invincible. Not to mention, accomplished. When you leave the gym, you aren't worried about what you look like anymore, or what you ate earlier that day. You have PEACE OF MIND, because you know you just did something that was hard, and good for you. What would you give for peace of mind all day? A lot, I'd bet.
- Variation in Routine. Running is running. That's really about it. I mean you can vary the distance, or intensity, but it's still running. Yawn. You can do about a thousand-million things (real word), in the gym that will produce these effects, and never get bored. Stop hopping around your living room, and go LEARN how to lift. Everyone likes to be challenged.
- Make the opposite sex want to hangout with you. True statement. Nothing else I can say. See#2 if you are confused.
- Positive Sleep Effects. Or, positively affects sleep. Just depends on which way you lean on the whole affect/effect feud.
- Strength + Mobility = More capable of living life. Lifting weights isn't just about lifting weights. It's a lesson in life: If Tiny Tina leaves thegrocerystore with 10 bags, each weighting 5 pounds, she has 2 hands to carry those bags, and her car is 100 feet away. How will she get there? By being awesome. First, she has to dead lift those bags, then farmers walk with 25 lbs in each hand, set the bags down (Romanian dead lift style), unlock her car, then repeatedly squat down to pick them up, and reach out to set them in her car. Lifting things is life. Life is lifting things. How should you train? You do the math.
Many thanks people! I have messaged a acquaintance I could mention their great staggering German community services site with hearts, http://tjgs.ca inside a good posting. So if you're looking for a German community blog around the outlying New Brunswick region, they truly have been good.
And finally, naturally I should explain the seed for this blog was brilliantly provided by Chris with Calpainting plus. They absolutely are a wonderful painters. We invariably welcome a useful suggestion!
http://deluxeboardgamer.com - Once more, i appreciate you for giving the images.
Posted in Fitness Post Date 03/29/2018